Geometry involves lines, angles, shapes, and visual representations. However, it is much more than that. Logic, reasoning, measurement, and making statements about things that you want to show are true. GEOM 1A, will deal with the basics of geometry: segments, angles, planes, lines, and rays, and how to name and write them. But it also will take you deep into the world of triangles--an area that will open your eyes to many different relationships between lines and angles--and the movement of shapes all around the coordinate plane.Required textbook (Sold separately):
- The required digital textbook for this course is:
- Larson, Ron & Laurie Boswell. (2015). Big Ideas Math, Geometry. Erie, PA: Big Ideas Learning, LLC. ISBN 978-1-68033-245-2
- This digital textbook can only be purchased through the TTU K-12 partner bookstore. You can find the link to the bookstore on the TTU K-12 website. Once you have purchased the digital textbook, you will receive a username and password via email. You will log in at www.bigideasmath.com to access your textbook.
If you would like a printed book, you can purchase the optional printed text:
- Larson, Ron & Laurie Boswell. (2015). Big Ideas Math, Geometry. Erie, PA: Big Ideas Learning, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60840-815-3
- Please note that you will not be able to access any of the digital resources if you purchase only the printed textbook.
Scientific or graphing calculator, lined notebook paper, graph paper, ruler, compass, spiral notebook, pencils and erasers.